Randolph was formerly known as Roanoke and Talcott
The name was changed to Randolph in August, 1881.
PO is still an active post office in the
United States Postal Service for Charlotte County, Virginia.
The store adjoining the post office is Randolph County Store owned by Dan Lynn
John Frank Fitz – aged 13 – carrying the Randolph mail – photo courtesy of Wayne Carter.
By: Bea Adams King
Transcriptions By: Donald McKinney