Central High School,
Charlotte Court House, Virginia
predecessor to the Central High School was the
Charlotte Training School which opened on February 12, 1928. The
raised $7000 to build the school. About a decade later, Ambassador
Bruce donated funds to build the Central High School.
High School in June of 1943 as photographed by
Philip Bonn of the Office of War Information.
Students studying “women in the war effort” display in
School band performing in downtown Charlotte Court
Students studying in classroom.
Students gathered in the front entrance of the school
before classes commence.
Students analyzing different fabric types in Home
Economics class.ome Economics cla
Students sewing and enjoying the outdoors in Home
Economic class.ome Economics cla
Students gathered in the library, notice the “War Bonds”
posters on the bulletin board.ome
Students researching in the library.ome Economics cla